The Accounting Manager is responsible for tracking, managing and
evaluating day to day activities. This individual will work closely
with the Chief Financial Officer and members of the finance and
accounting teams to analyze, verify, and report financial status. We
are currently building our new headquarters in Novi, MI, for the next
3-5 months the position will be in Warren, MI until construction is complete.
- Manage general ledger accounts and monitor monthly activity.
- Coordinate actions and journal entry postings intersecting various
- Review and reconcile accounting activity between global network of
- Create journal entries to prepare monthly financial statements and
reports, which include month end provisions and amortization, bad
debt allowance, and inventory valuation.
- Prepare reports for quarterly and annual audits.
- Monitor customer database for correct field values and links.
Monitor A/R aging, customer payment behavior, DOS and credit limits.
- Monitor vendor database for correct field values and links. Ensure
vendors are paid according to terms. Monitor A/P aging, payment
trends, and ensure all discounts are taken.
- Monitor cost accounting links to ensure proper expense allocation
of A/P invoices.
- Review and approve or release all outgoing payments by ACH or wire.
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing cash flow in bank accounts and
generate periodic forecasts and bank reconciliations.
- Process incoming non-customer payments and prepare weekly check deposits.
- Review and approve payroll activity as well as employee data for
- Assist with Federal, State, and local tax reporting
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and assist in
creation of new policies/procedures.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Requires a CPA with minimum 4 years Accounting experience and/or
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with minimum 7 years relevant work experience.
- Preferred candidate will have 4 or more years progressive
experience, ideally from within a distribution environment,
performing accounting roles similar to the posted primary
responsibilities of this position. Including experience working and
reporting to a multinational, publicly traded, group.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
in a fast-passed high-volume environment.
- Ability to accurately prepare timely reports. Monthly closing
process with strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal, written and verbal
communication skills. Highly skilled in Excel and Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with relational database structures and query logic is preferable.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills with some management
experience a plus.
- Occasionally moves up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently sitting; occasionally twisting/bending
- Ability to operate a computer
- Flexibility on work schedule and location
Berkshire Production Supply LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.