The primary responsibility of the Purchasing Agent is to monitor
inventory levels and create and maintain purchase orders with
suppliers for stock replenishment. The Purchasing Agent will work
closely with vendors and suppliers to secure the best price on
products. We are currently building a brand new headquarters building
in Novi at 14 Mile and M5. For the next 3 months the position will be
at our current location in Warren on Eight Mile and then moving to the
- Reviews multiple reports, systems and databases to check inventory
levels across all affiliate stocking locations.
- Calculates and enters in stock replenishment orders to send to
suppliers in both the ERP and Forecasting Module operating systems
within parameters of the company and vendor policies.
- Processes branch requisitions and customer direct deliveries
purchase orders through ERP operating system.
- Resolves customer back order scenarios timely and in the most
- Processes inventory returns to vendors for credit for excess,
overstock or incorrect inventory.
- Maximizes all pricing discounts and freight policy programs
regarding inbound stocking purchase orders from vendors.
- Works closely with Warehousing and Accounting associates to remedy
discrepancies regarding inbound and outbound purchase orders.
- Tracks and updates scheduling of all purchase orders.
- Coordinates with Product Managers and Sales staff the inventory
levels of promotional items.
- Negotiate pricing updates with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or 3+ years’
experience working within a Purchasing or Inventory Management environment
- High level of knowledge of AS400 (JBA) operating system and
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with multiple
departments and personnel
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Frequent sitting, twisting, bending
- Frequent use of computer
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
Berkshire Production Supply LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.