The Outside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for
developing and maintaining business relationships with our customers
in their assigned territory. The Sales Representative will build upon
the strong reputation that our company has within the industry and
provide products to our customers that meet and exceed their
requirements. This individual is expected to prospect and close deals
with new and existing customers.
- Develops new business relationships with potential and existing customers.
- Understands customer business models and product needs.
- Crafts solutions for customers that meet and exceed their requirements.
- Prospect new clients in assigned territory.
- Works to expand sales with existing clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert on all products lines.
- Provide reports on progress in territory and opportunities for growth.
- Respond to RFQ’s as necessary.
- Work closely with other teams on larger projects to ensure
deliverables are met.
- Pursue VMI opportunities.
- Notify customers of signature brand products.
- Work with core supplier target account programs by scheduling
sales calls and presentations.
- Maintain established margin objectives.
- Encourage customer website usage.
- Travel when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 + years of outside sales experience.
- Industrial distribution or supply industry experience highly preferred.
- Proven track record of managing and growing sales territory.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with key decision makers in
- Strong presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of all company web services.
- Operate a computer/tablet.
- Occasionally lift up to 15 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, bending, twisting occasionally.
- Travel via company vehicle to visit customer.
Berkshire Production Supply LLC provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.